There are times when you are on the move and you want to work on the Internet from a public computer, without leaving any traces. Reach the shortcut to the Google Chrome browser.
- Right click on it.
- Select properties.
- Once in the properties tab, look for target box.
- You will the find the short cut path leading to Chrome. exe
- Leave a space after the “Chrome.exe” and enter a hyphen /dash.
- Type “incognito” without the quote marks next to the hyphen. (Make sure that there is just one single space between the “.exe” and the hyphen (–) Do not include the ” ” (quote marks).
- Click OK.
- Now double click on the Chrome short cut. It opens in the incognito mode.
Click on the image for a larger view.
Luca Grementieri, of Javafactory came out with an extension for Chrome. Once you install the extension Incognito Switcher, a single click on the extension icon opens your Chrome browser into a new ‘incognito’ window. You can try that too.
Good luck with your private browsing. Be good, don’t be naughty. 🙂